Thursday, July 7, 2011
30 runs in 30 days
Today is day 9 of my 30 runs in 30 days camp. I got the idea here 30 day run camp. Today I ran from our condo in Ocean view. The first mile of the run was on the asphalt. I then headed off road for the trails through the woods around Bethany Bay. I am deliberately keeping my heart rate low ~140 so that I don't overdo it (injure myself). It is cooler in the woods, but the flies are persistent and hungry. The trails are a mix of sand, leaves, pine straw, mud and spongy decomposed plant material. This is good for soft landing while running. However, it can be a little tricky as there are stray pine cones and roots, holes and small stumps to reach out and grab ya! The trails meander past the "blair witchish" abandoned bikes, around a few manmade ponds and over a drainage ditch that is a tributary to Collins creek which feeds the Indian River Bay. I saw many frogs, a white tailed deer and a snake that was more afraid of me than I was of him (barely). He slithered away quickly as I rounded the bend into a sunny section that was on the bank of one of the ponds. I took the green, then red, then blue, back on green and then Oakwood road to the white trail. This one skirts the southwest corner of the Bethany Bay property. I paid closer attention to the blazes and didn't get lost like I did on Saturday. It runs adjacent to Bay Forest and then back to Oakwood road via the green trail. I then took green back to the main road and back home. Not too hot weather wise, but I was still sweating profusely. Feeling a little sore, but pretty good for about 30% complete with my journey.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment